Structures Technician CVG
- Erlanger, Kentucky
- Job ID
Structures Technician CVG job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Erlanger KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Structures Technician is responsible for performing routine and non-routine heavy commercial aircraft maintenance and/or modifications in an MRO environment, including design of repair layout, routine open/close, performing sheet metal and structural repairs, component tagging, circuit breaker lockout/tag-out and safe/proficient use of ground support equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, plan & work from Structural Repair Manuals, engineering drawings and Service Bulletins.
- Ability and willingness to assist, guide, train, oversee and evaluate others
- Attentiveness and knowledge of aircraft schedule / assigned job budget
- Ability to meet completion timelines
- Complete skin repairs requiring doublers or triplers containing complex contours
- Complete complex repairs and replacements that require substantial disassembly, such as wing spar, keel beam or other support structures.
- Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Adhere to FEAM General Work Requirements
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies/procedures, participate in 5-S activities and perform work in a safe and timely manner
- Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations as required
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Assist maintenance as required
- Inspect confined areas of airframe
- Assist in designing, modifying and welding metal fixtures as required
- Assist in providing time estimates as required
Industry Competitive Compensation
- 4-day& 3-day Work Week available
- Medical Insurance, 401k & more competitive benefits
- Energetic & Technically Innovative Company Culture
- Paid Vacation Time & Sick Days
- Paid Technical Training
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required.
- Shall possess the knowledge and ability necessary to perform routine and other work required.
- Maintains adequate knowledge to understand and follow the repair facility’s procedures manual.
- Exhibits positive, courteous behavior with customers and co-workers.
- Assists co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to talk or hear and to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to walk, stand, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work from heights and in precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and to loud noises produced from engines, APU’s etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a valid FAA Airframe License. Powerplant license preferred.
- Must have at least eighteen (18) months of practical experience operation as Structures Technician.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.