- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $20.00
- Job ID
Avionics Technician job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights.
- Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including wiring systems, flight controls, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, and landing gear systems.
- Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance pre-flights and troubleshooting.
- Modify aircraft electrical wiring systems, or components by following drawings, engineering, or technical publications.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Disassemble and inspect electrical components, such as cannon plugs and electrical wiring, for wear or other defects such as cracks and breaks, or pitot-static system leaks.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Requires previous avionics experience and/or avionics training.
- Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
- Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Requires manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
- Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 lbs. or more.
- Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate and FCC GROL
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $20/hour
Employment Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 403056071
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.