- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $20.00
- Job ID
Avionics Technician job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a Part 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. We are headquartered in Fairbanks, AK which serves as the primary base for heavy maintenance, administration and charter operations. Scheduled flights and line maintenance are primarily operated out of Anchorage, AK. We also perform international cargo operations out of Laredo, Texas.
Everts Air Cargo specializes in serving the unique needs of our customers who reside in the larger Alaskan cities as well as the small villages. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 13 hubs in Alaska. For customers in more remote locations, we will fly to any city or village where suitable runway conditions exist in Alaska. Similarly, our MD-80s based in Laredo provide On Demand Charter services to Canada, Mexico, Central America, and more. These operations also require an A&P mechanic to fly along with the aircraft.
The company’s aircraft include the vintage C-46 and DC-6 aircraft, which are especially well-suited to the many unimproved gravel and ice runways in Alaska. The Everts Air Cargo fleet consists of one C-46, four DC-6, and six MD-80 aircraft.
- Maintain high-quality work in accordance with company manuals and FARs
- Troubleshoot and read wiring schematics
- Disassemble, inspect, and repair electrical components such as wiring and cannon plugs
- Apply knowledge and skill to repair aircraft discrepancies efficiently and safely
- Operate all tools and equipment necessary to accomplish work assignment
- Perform wire harness build-ups and breakout boxes for troubleshooting
- Modify aircraft electrical wiring schematics, or components following drawings, engineering, or technical publications
- Occasional travel to rural Alaska
- Contribute to the safety culture of the company and report any safety hazards
- Avionics or Aircraft Electrical experience (3 years)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 70 pounds or more
- Ability to stand on hard surfaces, floors, and ladders for extended periods of time.
- USA work authorization
- Attention to detail, punctuality, reliable, team player, etc.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification
- Part 121 experience
- MD-80 / DC-9 experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation $32 p/hr + DOE
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 403095244
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.