Customer Service Agent Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $17.00
- Job ID
Customer Service Agent job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Responsible for providing direct customer service for the exchange of control of freight and cargo, and other tasks that lead to the successful transportation of those items for the goals of Everts Air Cargo. Interact with customers, and exude a professional, confident, positive, and knowledgeable presence. Respond in a prompt, accurate, courteous, and poised manner to encourage positive business relationships between Everts Air Cargo and its customers. Effectively perform assignments and process work to meet established deadlines and performance goals.
- Promptly respond to Everts Air Cargo personnel and customer telephone or written inquires for information about company services, policies, transit information, procedures, and rates. Respond via phone and or writing to customer and internal requests for information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Provide customers with accurate shipping information by using company computer databases (TakeFlite & others) and keeping all manual service updates in an organized fashion, and accurately interpreting all resource guides. Retrieve information from computers, hard files, manuals, and directories. Forward charter requests to Sales.
- Execute air bills accurately and completely. Ensure the freight is properly described, apply tariffs where necessary. Audit air bills as required. Research air bills for accounting or customer use as needed.
- Maintain accurate documentation of records and activity. Repeatedly bend or reach to file and retrieve documents. Answer telephone, forward calls to appropriate department, take messages when necessary. Sort/distribute company materials (Comat) as required, enter Proof of Delivery (POD) information into Cargo Software database (TakeFlite). Update customer service manual directories as needed. Update Sales with pertinent customer information. Keep a supply of Comat, expense reports and flight envelopes available. Maintain a clean work area.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Requires the ability to maintain excellent customer/station agent relations, and to deal effectively with difficult customers.
- Individual must be energetic, self-motivated, and comfortable with frequent changes.
- Requires good organization, attention to detail, record keeping skills and the ability to maintain current and updated information. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from databases.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $17/hour
Requisition ID 403054108
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.