Aircraft Maintenance Controller Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $65,000.00 - $70,000.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Controller job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Due to our continued growth and expansion, we have positions open in for a Maintenance Controller. This position is available in either Anchorage, Alaska or Fairbanks, Alaska.
· Housing provided during training
· Full benefits including Medical/Vision/Dental/401k with company match are available
· Positions open in Fairbanks and Anchorage
· Position could be remotely located for the right person
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a Part 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo’s headquarters are in Fairbanks Alaska. Fairbanks serves as our primary base for the maintenance department for both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include A checks, B checks and C checks. Line maintenance functions are also conducted in Anchorage Alaska, and Laredo Texas. Our current fleet consists of the MD-80, DC-9, DC-6, and the C-46.
The Maintenance Controller is responsible to assist with troubleshooting and managing mechanical irregularities to help ensure schedule integrity. Maintenance Control will work with Maintenance, Maintenance Planning, and Flight Control to coordinate the scheduled workload for all maintenance bases. Maintenance Control maintains constant awareness of aircraft operational requirements and essential maintenance required for the continued airworthiness of aircraft. Maintenance Control will always know the airworthiness condition of all aircraft and will monitor all current maintenance activities. Maintenance Control is the primary interface between Maintenance, Operations, and Flight Control to provide updates on aircraft status and coordinate aircraft availability based on maintenance schedules and demands.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Results oriented
- Able to work well as a team member
- Able to understand complex systems to assist with troubleshooting
- Familiar with the MD-80/DC-9 and ATR 72-500 aircraft
1. Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
2. Valid driver’s license
1. Requires Associate Degree in Aviation Maintenance, or equivalent level of training.
2. Requires an aviation maintenance background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in aircraft troubleshooting; performing line maintenance; technical manuals; Airworthiness Directives; airworthiness release requirements; and aircraft systems training.
3. Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills.
4. Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Requires proficient computer skills.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.