Director of Maintenance
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $110,000.00 - $150,000.00
- Job ID
Director of Maintenance job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for the constant airworthiness of aircraft, engines, and related components, operated by Everts Air Cargo under FAR Part 121. This position coordinates daily with flight operations and cargo services regarding aircraft availability, flight scheduling and maintenance projections.
- Responsible for directing the priorities and activities of aircraft maintenance, maintenance control, maintenance planning, and maintenance training. This includes all maintenance performed at Everts primary maintenance facilities, line stations and MRO facilities.
- Ensure that the department and staff are able to provide the manpower, facilities, equipment, and tooling necessary to meet operational goals and that this effort represents efficient utilization of the allocated workforce in meeting on-going required maintenance.
- Direct members of the staff to ensure that they carry out all maintenance activities safely, on time and within budgetary requirements.
- Ensure effective communication and smooth business operations flow between all levels of assigned personnel as well as between maintenance and inspections, flight operations, cargo and accounting.
- Act as a liaison on all aircraft maintenance concerns and planning between Everts Air and the FAA, and ensure compliance with FARs, Operational Specifications and EAC General Maintenance Manual.
- Review and respond to Maintenance delays and system problems. Develop and implement changes to eliminate recurrence.
- Initiate and review Maintenance contract agreements with MRO facilities to ensure accountability and reduce organizational exposure.
- Arrange oversight of MRO’s/contract maintenance by a qualified EAC employee to ensure optimum and timely job completion. Report progress on a regular basis to the President.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings and ability to meet the requirements of 14 CFR 119.65(a) (4), 121.369(a) and qualified in accordance with 14CFR Part 119.67(c).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity under FAR 119-20 ( c )(4)(ii) and 3 years’ experience within the past 6 years in one or a combination of (i) and (ii) above.
- Extensive knowledge of FAA certification requirements, manual development, operations specifications, FAA procedures, Aircraft flight manuals and Company flight manuals related to technical data appropriate to company aircraft operations.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation $110,000 - $150,000 annually
Requisition ID 403055631
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.