Warehouse Customer Service Agent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $18.50
- Job ID
Warehouse Customer Service Agent job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Interact with customers as the company agent responsible for receiving and tracking inbound freight and assists Customer Service Counter Agents and warehouse personnel when necessary.
Employment Type Full-Time
Requisition ID 486952791
- Receiving and tracking inbound freight. Offload customers and sort and label freight by destination and type (dry, chill, freeze, haz-mat); check for damage prior to receipt and document discrepancies. Ensure cargo and manifest is matching for backhaul shipments received. File outbound airway bills in appropriate destination folders, file DOT paperwork, and audit haz-mat Shipper’s Declaration for accuracy. Consolidate freight and store it in the proper location as pertains to its destination and type. Transfer all pressurized freight that cannot be moved on our aircraft. Document any discrepancies found with notes and, if needed, digital pictures.
- Load backhaul freight. Locate backhaul freight on the ramp or in the warehouse and assist in loading it into customer vehicles. Load any freight that has been arranged for transfer into a company vehicle and transfer it to the appropriate airline.
- Maintain a clean warehouse and ramp. Sweep the warehouse floor, dispose of broken pallets and old shrink wrap, and empty trash cans. Organize the freight intake areas as well as the destination sticker area and keeping it fully stocked.
- Assist Customer Service Counter Agents. Provide accurate weight, piece count, and basic description of freight for CSCAs. Keep complete and accurate inventory of backhaul freight for CSCAs calls. Assist in answering customer questions on the phone as needed.
- Perform periodic audits of on-hand freight. Routinely inspect on-hand freight for missing tags, old dates and new damage. Notify the lead of any discrepancies. Consult Backhaul Freight Log notes for missing and/or partial shipments that need to be researched. Be aware of on-hand freight that has been stored in the facility for an excessive amount of time and notify appropriate personnel of any discrepancies.
- Ensure that customers are conforming to airport security guidelines. Be observant of any customers acting suspiciously and report this activity to the lead. Ascertain that customers do not wander into the active working warehouse. Challenge any person who may be attempting to access restricted areas without proper identification or escort. Report any suspicious freight to the lead.
- Perform basic operator maintenance on shop vehicles. Perform daily operator checks, as per company policies and training. Notify the Ground Support Equipment department of any needed repairs.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, work processing systems/software, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and related terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
- Knowledge of technology used for training purposes or possess an interest in learning the technological methods used in training.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Ramp Services Specialist Anchorage AK
Customer Service Agent Anchorage AK
Customer Service Agent Cargo Fairbanks AK
Safety Coordinator Anchorage AK
Part Time Janitor Anchorage AK
Maintenance Controller Anchorage AK
Inside Sales Repersentative Anchorage AK
Accounts Payable Clerk Anchorage AK
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Job Feed
- News Feed