Simulator Maintenance Technician
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $27.00
- Job ID
Simulator Maintenance Technician job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Entry level position that works on a team to maintain Level D full flight simulator and other flight training devices in accordance with 14 CFR Part 60 and Everts Air Cargo’s Simulator Quality Management System (SQMS) program. Perform troubleshooting, diagnostics, repair, and modification of electronic, hydraulic, and computer systems to maintain 14 CFR Part 60 qualifications.
- Apply technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks detailed in the SQMS procedures.
- Assists in hardware and software analytical diagnosis and corrective maintenance on simulators and associated training devices.
- Assists with installs configuration changes, upgrades, or other modifications of equipment and resolves complex technical problems.
- Assists with executing simulator diagnostics and QTG tests to assess and monitor simulator performance.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Individual must be energetic, self-motivated, and comfortable with frequent changes.
- Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
- Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology; or minimum of two (2) years’ experience in flight simulation maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Experience with electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $27/Hour
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 419861911
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.