Cargo Load Master Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $18.00
- Job ID
Cargo Load Master job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Cargo Load Masters are individuals whose main focus is the completion of Cargo-related paperwork which is used for flight planning, development and completion. Load Masters are responsible for overseeing and completing daily duties involving safe and efficient aircraft loading and unloading. Load Masters work in the warehouse, on the ramp, and in EAC aircraft throughout the year -- in a wide variety of conditions.
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 453434499
- Consolidate and label freight and mail for each flight. Physically locate all outbound freight using the FPA Manifest and Daily Mail Log as reference. Consolidate freight and mail by type. Properly label freight and mail. Use efficient consolidation techniques for mixed pallets.
- Complete accurate and detailed Load Schedules for specific aircraft and deliver all Cargo-related flight paperwork to the Flight Crew within an hour and a half of flight departure.
- Coordinate with Customer Service regarding the addition of booked and priority freight.
- Ensure proper aircraft preparation. Ensure that a Cargo Agent has cleaned out the aircraft and prepared the straps or net for load commencement. Ensure that all freight and mail is staged by aircraft. Ensure that the aircraft has the complete inventory of load assisting equipment.
- Oversee loading and unloading of aircraft. Provide leadership as the aircraft is being loaded and/or unloaded and ensure that it is being completed in a safe and efficient manner. Verify that the flight crew has easy access from the cockpit to the rear of the aircraft following the completion of the load. Ensure that the load is properly secure and the doors and windows are all closed. Upon finishing the load, ensure post-load duties are completed.
- Act as Ground Security Coordinator. Observe and report suspicious activity and/or freight. Physically inspect the different compartments of the aircraft (i.e. bellies, top deck, etc) to ensure that the plane is “secured.” Challenge unauthorized individuals. GSC Person-to-Person “Handoff.”
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which frequently exceed 70 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.