Sales and Marketing Manager Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Annual Salary $50,000.00
- Job ID
Sales and Marketing Manager job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies and initiatives to achieve corporate growth and organizational objectives. Work collaboratively with cargo, customer service and other departments to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation, as well as the profitability of the company. Responsible for managing the sales team and maximizing sales opportunities to meet overall company objectives, ensuring a positive team environment through strong leadership.
1. Maintain a motivated and productive team through the performance of leadership functions including team building, recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, counseling, performance monitoring, reviews, and disciplinary action.
2. Develop and implement a sales enhancement and marketing strategy for the organization (domestic and international) to increase market share. Include goals and objectives in the areas of sales promotions, marketing, and public relations, that are appropriate, achievable and complement the company’s current growth strategy.
3. Develop and achieve sales objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, and tracking and analyzing sales metrics, to expand Everts Air’s customer base and ensure a strong presence in the communities it serves.
4. Identify customer needs, develop collateral, and determine service pricing and discount rates.
5. Responsible for the development and continuous review of processes and department documents.
6. Ensure accountability for the correct and accurate completion of sales tracking and reporting, including the comprehensive use of the Everts CRM. Ensure all staff provide weekly sales report updates, and fully comply with all CRM tracking/update requirements.
7. Retain existing accounts and establish new business relationships by identifying and making regular sales calls in the Alaska freight community, including corporate, local, state, federal, and military organizations.
8. Conduct statewide business development calls and visits to existing and prospective Everts Air clients.
9. Increase awareness and visibility of Everts Air throughout the State.
10. Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders and trade partners.
11. Build strong cross functional working relationships with customer service, cargo, and load control, to maximize sales potential and ensure service delivery commitments are achieved.
12. Develop and maintain excellent communication and cooperation with Everts Air Cargo management, department personnel, agent stations and primary vendors.
13. Work closely with Everts Teams to further organizational priorities such as the Company Website and Newsletter.
14. Represent the organization in trade shows, conferences, and meeting conventions to develop business relationships and leads, while maintaining brand integrity and maximizing return on investment.
15. Understand and report on the competitive landscape, market trends, promotions, offerings, competitive rates, etc. and propose strategies to maintain business momentum and improve the company’s position.
16. Own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial driven culture.
17. Monitor costs and perform sales and marketing job tasks in such a manner that maximizes profitability.
18. Assist with Sales and Marketing activities for Everts Air subsidiaries, as required.
19. Support and participate in an organizational culture in which a passion for continuous improvement is innate.
20. Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
1. BA degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent work experience plus an additional 2 years sales experience and/or prior work experience in the transportation industry or equivalent.
2. Previous experience in leading a sales team and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
3. Previous experience in senior sales role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets.
4. Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and in depth knowledge of marketing techniques.
5. Must have good computer skills with spreadsheet and word processing application capability.
6. Must be proactive, resilient, and highly adaptable with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
7. Strong interpersonal communication, coordination, analytical and multi-tasking skills.
8. Must be meticulous, process and service oriented with strong time management skills and the ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
9. Must be strong team player who is also able to work independently.
10. Must have the strong ability to problem solve and negotiate and close on critical sales contracts.
11. Must be able to travel to Alaskan Villages and conduct sales calls. Requires distance walking on uneven surfaces.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Everts Air Cargo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission compliant (EEOC) employer.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.