Maintenance Planner Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Maintenance Planner job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Maintenance Planner plans both short- and long-range maintenance events, performed by EAC and MROs, to meet traffic operations, Company and FAA requirements, ensuring a smooth, efficient flow of work. This includes, but is not limited to, parts acquisition, technical research, manpower recommendations, and contract preparation when utilizing essential maintenance providers.
1. Coordinate long-range planning to include master scheduling, work package content, manpower and material requirements forecasting and planning; schedule heavy checks and provide projections as to future major maintenance requirements.
2. Prepare and schedule aircraft service packages for maintenance checks (per EAC GMM 4.3.12) and follow-up to ensure that required component, routine service and modification kits have been assembled; continually review process for improvements to reduce labor and costs.
3. Provide daily audits of work package, 10-day out reports and ensure that aircraft will not over-fly any FAA requirements. Audit completed work package data and paperwork to ensure all required checks are completed.
4. Schedule and control all engine and aircraft components for repair, overhaul, and/or modification in-house or through outside agencies; assure all components are removed in sufficient advance to meet FAA time limits while retaining optimal utilization.
5. Plan, schedule, control, and coordinate accomplishment of engineering orders affecting aircraft component overhauls, repairs in shops or outside vendors; plan, schedule, and develop work scope for engineers, airframes, and landing gears.
6. Provide planning support to the maintenance team in the areas of material identification, routing and retrieval, work card control, component tag accountability, and other activities as required.
7. Periodically review Maintenance Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and MRB documents. Check AD effectivity for EAC aircraft.
8. Assist in revising DC-9 Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC) and Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM).
9. As requested, complete data entry for Engine Trend Monitoring.
10. Maintain currency in all required training.
11. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. Two years of aviation maintenance experience required. A&P license preferred.
2. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, work processing systems/software, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and related terminology.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
4. Knowledge of technology used for training purposes or possess an interest in learning the technological methods used in training.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.