Ramp Services Specialist Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $19.00
- Job ID
Ramp Services Specialist job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Ramp Services Specialist will direct, coordinate, and provide a variety of aircraft services including but not limited to loading/unloading, marshaling, towing, ground power operations, cleaning, deicing, pre-heating and other ground support activities to affect the safe and efficient ramp movements of arriving and departing aircraft for the purpose of completing Company business goals as a direct Air Carrier Airline.
- Responsible for always maintaining the safety and security of the ramp.
- Comply with all safety requirements and airline policies related to the safe operation near or around aircraft.
- Observe safe ground-handling procedures of ground service equipment, including the performance of pre-use operational checks & service checks/maintenance.
- Safely drive and operate ground equipment such as tugs, tow tractors, deicing equipment, heater units, and ground power units in areas of congestion under extreme conditions.
- Conduct marshalling and repositioning of aircraft under extreme weather conditions.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized ramp to include snow removal, FOD pickup and sweeping of the ramp.
- Work primarily outdoors in elements such as extreme cold, heat, rain, ice, wind, and snow.
- Safely operate machinery, work comfortably in an extremely loud environment, be able to work from heights, and several other strenuous repetitive lifting tasks.
- Support the Cargo Department by assisting with transporting of cargo between aircraft, opening and closing of aircraft doors.
- Assist with the maintenance repair, servicing, and cleaning of powered and unpowered equipment.
- Any additional duties that are assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to understand and react to verbal commands and safety warnings, with or without the assistance of sight or visual aids.
- Must be able to work outside in the airport environment where extreme outdoor conditions may be encountered.
- Must be able to become qualified to operate all aircraft ground support vehicles and equipment.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Compensation Starting at $19/Hour
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 470193225
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.