Aircraft Maintenance Foreman
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $37.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Foreman job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Oversees and directs aircraft and shop maintenance within the hangar. This position involves the ability to make informed decisions regarding all maintenance performed. When necessary, performs functions of lead or A & P mechanic and takes over Shop Supervisor’s duties when absent.
Compensation Starting at $37.00 p/hr+DOE
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 486939085
- Supervise and direct contract and company lead mechanics, mechanics, mechanic helpers and repairmen.
- Periodic review of Maintenance Bulletins and Maintenance Memos.
- Proper processing and storage of serviceable spare parts.
- Ensuring that the turn-over log has been completed correctly and reviews are completed.
- When qualified, the Foreman is authorized to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations on Company equipment as required and make appropriate entries into aircraft logs for the work they perform. (14 CFR Part 121.369(a))
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with duties as delegated and assigned.
- Review and ensure that all paperwork is filled out, completed, and signed off properly such as DMIs, parts tags, logbooks, M-3s, etc. before sending to Records Department.
- Coordinate with Training Department to ensure an adequate number of employees are trained in the following: Pettibone, overhead crane, genie lifts, forklifts, oxygen service, respirator, confined space training, etc.
- Foreman or Foreman’s assigned designee will audit confined space entry book monthly for completeness and accuracy.
- Conduct Performance Reviews as assigned.
- Develop Leads through formal mentoring, training, and leadership development.
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Requires an Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
- Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Requires manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
- Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 lb or more.
- Exposed to all kinds of weather.
- General Familiarization MD-80
- 3 years of Demonstrated Leadership Experience
- Significant experience running jobs
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.