Logistics Engineering Analyst Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Logistics Engineering Analyst job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
To provide information and analysis of logistical and business functions as well as to take part in the implementation of policies/procedures and systems in order to improve efficiency and streamline processes of the logistics area.
- Analyze processes value chain mapping process design and technical specifications.
- Identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities and new processes using the tools and concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Coordinate and lead logistics import and export process projects.
- Compile reports procedures and standards.
- Report KPIs (key performance indicators) for the Logistics Department.
- Request contract proposal cost estimates.
- Monitor measurements for the relevant processes to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Participate create and/or lead training of logistics staff and other key business relationships on logistics import/export processes.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Business Logistics Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or other related course of study.
- APICS (Advancing Productivity Innovation and Competitive Success) certificate
- At least 5+ years experience in a logistic planning and/or project management role is preferred.
- Prior experience in a fast paced manufacturing facility preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Comprehension understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Aircraft production environment
- Project Management
- Risk analysis
- Systemic vision
- Data analysis and consolidation
- Cope with deadlines and other pressured situations.
- Interact with senior management and staff
- Desirable: Manufacturing familiarization SAP Lotus Notes. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.