Sr Trade Compliance Specialist Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Sr Trade Compliance Specialist job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
This position will support the Compliance Department in order to further Embraers Compliance Culture by assisting in the development of solutions identifying appropriate resources and in providing guidance required to ensure effectiveness of Embraers Enhanced Compliance Program (EECP) as it relates to the Export Administration Regulation (EAR) the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) the UK Bribery Act the Brazil Clean Companies Act and other laws regulations and internal policies applicable to the companys core activities and the delivery of its products information and services.
- Work at the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer NA and the Director of Compliance to assist in enhancing the companys global compliance program including with respect to business conduct export anti-corruption and trade sanctions;
- Interpreting U.S. trade regulations (ITAR EAR OFAC and Customs) and providing necessary guidance to both internal and external customers;
- Interfacing with Program Managers internal functions (i.e. Contracts Supply Chain) and Senior Leadership to ensure all work processes are in compliance with U.S. trade regulations;
- Drafting submitting and managing export licenses technical assistance agreements commodity jurisdiction voluntary disclosures general correspondences and classification requests as required to support business activities;
- Reviewing and approving international shipments foreign travel incoming foreign visitors release of technology and technical data to ensure compliance with applicable U.S. regulations and Embraers Policies and Procedures;
- Conduct trade compliance trainings to internal customers controlled companies personnel;
- Assist in creating administering and improving the EECP across the Embraer group companies;
- Assist in integrating compliance functions and activities throughout all Embraer business units in order to achieve efficiency and manage risks;
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Embraer legal entities business units;
- Help further understanding and compliance with ethics laws and conflicts of interest;
- Coordinate with Management and HR the appropriate approach and disciplinary actions in case of a Compliance breach;
- Assist in conducting risk assessments of the companys significant legal and compliance risks;
- Assist with and promote compliance-related communications;
- Assist in investigating and resolving compliance issues including those that may arise out of the helpline channel;
- Assist in creation and maintenance of control plans to ensure compliance monitoring for changes to requirements identifying areas of non-compliance and implementing and tracking actions to restore compliance;
- Work with Internal Audit to implement adequate monitoring and audits mechanism to support the companys compliance objectives; and
- Conduct reviews of each part of the Compliance program to determine its effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Basic Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor Degree Required and 4-8+ years of relevant experience and practical knowledge in:
- U.S. trade regulations (ITAR EAR OFAC and Customs);
- Use of D-Trade SNAP-R. Experience with ACE a plus;
- International shipping and Customs procedures;
- Microsoft Office products (Excel Word PowerPoint) SharePoint Lotus Notes SAP Internet Explorer;
- Export classification of goods services and information;
- Practical experience working with privacy matters;
- International business.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Good communication skills both verbal written;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and prioritize among them;
- Research skills to perform legal research using electronic sources;
- Ability to analyze problems identify alternative solutions project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals;
- Ability to demonstrate people management skills (HR guidelines tools policies);
- Business vision competitiveness skills (Managing innovation the customer service growth and creativity);
- Organized detailed and business oriented.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures;
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities;
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures;
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements;
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.