Mgr Logistics Featured
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Mgr Logistics job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
To oversee the Material and Tooling functions with respect to Operations strategic planning in effort to streamlines processes for increased efficiencies with an eye towards continuous improvement.
- Must be able to lead cross-functional team from idea generation through implementation.
- Manage the flow of information to and from suppliers customers and partners.
- Establish and maintain key supply chain performance indicators.
- Manage and coordinate physical inventory levels and minimize and dispose of obsolete and excess inventories.
- Lead and direct logistics distribution transportation tooling and scheduling functions.
- Support production management decisions with research recommendations and strategies for process improvements.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors degree in Business Management Supply Chain Finance or related field - preferred
- Specialization/Certification in Supply Management (APICS ISM) preferred
- 5 Years Warehouse experience in leadership capacity. Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Procurement/Supplier Relationship management experience.
- Tooling support and understanding.
- Experience with process management and planning with Lean concepts background.
- Warehouse Management Systems and Oracle/SAP based Operating Systems.
- Must have excellent project management and team building skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and must have a high degree of logic initiative self-organization and creativeness.
- Demonstrated Financial Logistics and Business Developments skills required.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in demanding environments with tight deadlines.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of storeroom and inventory management.
- Proficient with MS Office Internet Component Control Lotus Notes.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and/or Federal regulations.
- A high level of proficiency with MS Office email database and reporting. Desirable: automation Warehouse Management System (i.e. SAP WMS O2P or Similar) ERP experience (i.e. Quantum SAP etc.)
- Hazardous Materials handling training and shipping certification.
- Import/Export compliance training and experience.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.