Product Development Engineer Ii Stress Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Product Development Engineer Ii Stress job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Develop aircraft Interior components based on substantiation of sheet metal composites and aircraft structural designs to produce the lightest weight solutions for Executive and Commercial Aircraft Interiors.
- Understanding of sheet metal composite honeycomb and veneer techniques for cabinetry design. Support the Product Development Engineering team to produce the lightest weight solutions for Executive and Commercial Aircraft Interiors.
- Support the Product Development Engineering teams with respect to market product and certification requirements in order to guarantee adherence to quality as well as the overall program cost and schedule goals.
- Stress analyst capable of performing static analysis for repairs to aircraft structure. Perform mostly hand calculations using applied loads or equivalent strength methods to determine repair margins of safety. Experience generating spring models lug analysis beam analysis et. Al. required. Ability to compile analytical results into a report format for customer review and approval. Candidate must be able to provide technical guidance to design engineers in the design and substantiation of aircraft product developments.
- Responsible for the structural validation of the aircraft primary and secondary components and structure. Perform analysis of primary and secondary structures for metallic and non-metallic parts as well as writing certification reports.
- Support the development of executive aircraft interior engineering packages by validating the structural integrity of the responsible components.
- Ensure project related engineering data is in compliance with corporate policies and certification requirements
- Applies technical principles theories and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a Bachelors degree in engineering (Aerospace or Mechanical)
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of related engineering experience. Recent aircraft related experience is preferred.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Ability to perform static analysis
- Familiarity or ability to perform fatigue and damage tolerance using NASGRO
- Familiarity with pre and post processor software (FEMAP HyperWorks and PATRAN) with MSC NASTRAN solver.
- Familiarity with design optimization software (INSPIRE)
- Knowledge and ability to perform classical static hand calculations based on accepted references
- Knowledge and experience in building complex finite element models for stress analyses with an understanding of load applications boundary conditions modeling techniques and results.
- Knowledge of aircraft stress analysis methods and basic structural design criteria
- Familiarity with CATIA V5--Understanding of drawing practices material properties and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of mechanics of solids materials and composites
- Able to write reports to pass through certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft primary and secondary structure manufacturing installation and certification
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft office applications
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills
- Portuguese or Spanish language skills a plus
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Availability for domestic and international travel
- Must be able to obtain a TSA/SIDA (Secure Identification Display Area) clearance to access secure areas.
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.