Ground Service Equipment Technician Featured
- Macon, Georgia
- Job ID
Ground Service Equipment Technician job at Embraer in Macon GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Inspect electrical connections wiring relays charging resistance boxes and batteries following wiring diagrams.
- Inspect operate and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Inspect drives motors and belts check fluid levels replace filters and perform maintenance actions following checklists.
- Record production repair and machine maintenance information.
- Clean machines and machine parts using cleaning solvents cloths air guns vacuums or other equipment.
- Clean or lubricate vehicles machinery equipment instruments tools using hand tools power tools and cleaning equipment.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment in order to facilitate repair.
- Install or replace machinery equipment and new or replacement parts using hand tools or power tools.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them checking repair manuals and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inventory and requisition machine parts equipment and other supplies.
- Assist in preparation inspection equipment assemblies and components that offer risks to people and environments.
- Check validity dates on all accessories and components of special equipment.
- Apply requirements in standards and procedures of special equipment.
- Ensure and control validity dates of all accessories and components of special equipment.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- Advanced Technician Role requiring Advanced Skills to perform all standard tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally at least 5-7 years of experience in area of responsibility
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Need to have experience with hand tools and pneumatic tools.
- High degree of technical aptitude and skill to learn the function and repair of plant production equipment.
- Self starter able to take direction problem solves to repair and maintain equipment and systems.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 Respirator Protection regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.