Rrt Ft Day Featured
- El Paso, Texas
- Job ID
Rrt Ft Day job at Childrens Hospital Corporation in El Paso TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Under the direction of the specified shift Respiratory Care Supervisor Administrative and Medical Director is responsible for the assessment treatment management control diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the pulmonary system. The Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner uses medical gases and administration apparatus ventilatory support humidification aerosols medication broncho-pulmonary drainage cardiopulmonary resuscitation and airway management in the therapeutic support of the patient. Specific techniques may also include; measurement of ventilatory volumes pressures flows airway care track changes suctioning sputum collection arterial puncture and blood gas analysis. Provides care to patients of varying ages with age related needs.
This is a critical care position may be assigned to any critical care unit; no immediate supervision required and must be able to function independently with minimal to no supervision. Contributes to the provision of quality care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of routine and critical procedures with critical thinking skills for both adults pediatric and neonatal patients.
- Thorough knowledge of Respiratory physiology and ability to practice good judgment in the implementation of clinical interventions indicated by the patient status.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
One year experience in adult pediatric and neonatal critical care respiratory care procedures preferred.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current Texas Respiratory Care License.
- ACLS PALS NRP and STABLE certifications required or obtained within one year in position.
- Current CPR by The American Heart Association
- Neonatal/Pediatric Specialty (NPS) certification within 6 months of hire.
Education and Training:
Completion of a two year CoARC approved respiratory care program (Associates Degree). Bachelors degree in Allied Health preferred.
Job Location El Paso Texas United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
El Paso Childrens Hospital Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.