Production Controller aircraft Hot
- Eglin Afb, Florida
- Job ID
Production Controller aircraft job at Department of Defense in Eglin Afb FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service.
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
Learn more about this agency
- The purpose of the position is to develop and implement aircraft maintenance work plans schedules the required maintenance in support of unit operational flight scheduling and provides training to reservist in the tasks set forth herein.
- Develops maintenance plans for assigned aircraft and associated equipment. Interprets design and/or production engineering data standards of work processes and master repair plans.
- Implements maintenance plans through the development and publication of maintenance schedules to include scheduled and unscheduled repair actions time-sensitive inspections component time change replacement and aircraft or system inspections.
- Develops preliminary operational schedules (utilization plans) and provides the Operations Group with an estimate of maintenance support capability to meet operational requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining Data Documentation to include Aircraft Maintenance Historical Documentation Aircraft Jacket Files Aircraft Document Reviews.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
1152 Production Control
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be a current member of the AF Reserve or willing/qualified to join
- A security clearance may be required
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Males must be registered for Selective Service see www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours to include evenings weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- AFSC: 2R1X1
In order to qualify you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions Clerical and Administrative Support Positions for the GS-1152 Series.
INTERNAL: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-07 or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge recurring manufacture overhaul or repair of products or projects using multiple-process production methods and procedures to develop plans and information necessary for the control of complex products such as airframes of fixed and rotary wing aircraft or a variety of complex and long-term facility repair and construction projects.
EXTERNAL: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-08 or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge recurring manufacture overhaul or repair of products or projects using multiple-process production methods and procedures to develop plans and information necessary for the control of complex products such as airframes of fixed and rotary wing aircraft or a variety of complex and long-term facility repair and construction projects.
EDUCATION: One full year of graduate level education in a field directly related which demonstrates the knowledge skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
FEDERALTIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. Internal: One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. External: One year at the GS-08 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level.TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge skills abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Ability to plan schedule and take corrective action to meet emergency and regular work load requirements. Ability to correlate and analyze a variety of routine production data technical manuals and directives to determine applicability.
- Knowledge of assigned equipment. Knowledge of and ability to interpret military aircraft and manufacturing terminology technical orders data standards and instructions and to relate them properly to the particular control projects assigned in preparing production plans and schedules and in maintaining effective follow-up.
- Knowledge of maintenance organizational structures and skill in the distribution of personnel to obtain a balance in workload. Knowledge of personnel management policies practices and procedures. Knowledge and skill of appropriate production/technical processes and material posture of maintenance work centers to assure continuing availability of material requirement.
- Knowledge of aerospace systems subsystems components and associated inspection repair modification and supply processes.
- Skill in oral communication to effectively communicate with senior operations and maintenance personnel.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of automated maintenance information systems and aircraft maintenance documentation processes to collect compile and correlate production data from a variety of sources and use that data to determine compliance status of scheduled maintenance inspection and modification actions.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) enlisted position. The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Work schedule will be aligned to allow the incumbent to fully participate in unit Training Assemblies (UTAs). The incumbents regular assignments are primarily ART duties; however the incumbent may also be assigned non-ART duties generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities.
The incumbent must obtain and retain the appropriate security clearance level designation for the position.
The incumbent may be required to fly in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments (TDY) away from normal duty station.
The incumbent may be required to work overtime to meet workload demands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e. Peace Corps AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience including volunteer experience.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications please call 1-800-###-####. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service members statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate members separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by or by direction of the adjutant personnel officer or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin your rank dates of active duty service the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
Individuals selected for ART positions must meet both civilian qualifications and uniformed military requirements. In addition to meeting civilian qualifications applicants must obtain military membership in the Air Force Reserve wear the uniform maintain job-specific military specialty requirements and meet other military qualifications such as age height weight and physical fitness standards. For more information click here and speak with an Air Force Reserve Recruiter.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however if position has a positive degree requirement qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Department of Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.