Aerospace Engineer Featured
- Eglin Afb, Florida
- Job ID
Aerospace Engineer job at Department of Defense in Eglin Afb FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a senior professional aerospace engineer in support of the acquisition development or sustainment of weapon systems subsystems and/or support equipment.
Learn more about this agency
- 1.Performs professional aerospace engineering work involved in the application of advanced theories concepts principles and processes to the acquisition development or sustainment of weapon systems subsystems and/or support equipment.
- 2.Functions as the organization?s technical specialist in design and development engineering for critical systems and subsystems.
- 3.Performs complex and comprehensive analysis and uses systematic disciplined quantifiable approaches to implement develop and document projects.
- 4.Serves as a consultant and technical expert to senior subject matter specialists
Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
- Job family (Series)
0861 Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Engineers
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service see www.sss.gov
- The work requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance.
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
- A degree in Engineering Technology is not qualifying for this position. Incumbent must possess a professional engineering degree from and accredited school of engineering.
- The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate valid drivers license may be required for the position.
- Employee must maintain current certifications such as APDP.
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- This is a key position. Duties of this position are essential to the accomplishment of wartime/contingency ops.
Basic Qualification Requirement: You must meet one of the following qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement and provide documentation to support your qualifications (If you are using education to qualify failure to submit the required documentation will result in you being rated ineligible. See sections on "College Transcripts" and "Foreign Education" below for required documentation.):
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
A. Degree: Have a Bachelors Degree in professional engineering from a curriculum (1) in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineer curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (beyond first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics; (a) statics dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics such as optics heat transfer soil mechanics or electronics.
B. Education/Experience: Have a combination of education and experience--college level education training and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering and (2) a good understanding both theoretical and practical of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
Professional Registration. Have current registration as a professional engineer.
Written Test. Have evidence of successfully passing the written test required for professional registration or have successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination and have completed all the requirements for either (a) a Bachelors Degree in Engineering Technology (BET) from an accredited college or university that included 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of courses in the physical mathematical and engineering sciences or (b) a BET from a program accredited by ABET.
Specified Academic Courses. Have successfully completed at least 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of courses in the Physical Mathematical and Engineering sciences and in Engineering that included the courses specified in "A" above.
- Related Curriculum. Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelors degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field e.g. physics chemistry architecture computer science mathematics hydrology or geology may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience e.g. in interdisciplinary positions. (The above examples of related curricula are not all-inclusive.)
Basic Qualification Supporting Documentation. This position has a specific education requirement. You must submit the appropriate documentation in accordance with the response selected in the assessments:
- Copy of college transcripts
- If you are a current federal employee in the GS-800 series as an engineer you may submit your most recent SF-50 in lieu of college transcripts
- Complete college course list
- Professional engineer license
- Training plan performance appraisal and/or letter from Professional Engineer Supervisor - Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence or several years of prior professional engineering type experience. If you are using a related curriculum to qualify failure to submit the following documentation will result in you being rated ineligible. You must submit a legible copy of your training plan performance appraisal and/or a letter from your Professional Engineer Supervisor.
Failure to provide the appropriate documentation will result in an ineligible rating.
If selected you will be required to provide an original/official copy of your documentation before entering on duty.
- Complete list of all college courses must identify: college or university attended course title/number taken semester or quarter hours earned grade and grade-point received. Transcripts must reflect receipt of degree and date degree was awarded if applicable. To receive credit for foreign education you must provide proof that the education has been evaluated by an organization specializing in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and has been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
Additional Qualification Requirement (Specialized Experience). Must have at least 1 year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level or band or equivalent pay scale performing professional aerospace engineering work. It may have been gained in the private sector volunteer service military service and/or government service etc.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e. Peace Corps AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however if position has a positive degree requirement qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Department of Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.