Industrial Engineering Co Op Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Industrial Engineering Co Op job at Collins Aerospace in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
United States of America
HFL34: Melbourne FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd Melbourne FL 32902-2704 USA
Collins Aerospace a Raytheon Technologies company is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means were helping passengers reach their destination safely. Were connecting aircraft operators airports rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And were providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of defects or causes of cycle time increase.
- Work directly with and in support of Logistics Manufacturing and Quality Engineers to complete root case analysis and assist in development of countermeasures.
- General collection and analysis of manufacturing process and/or component data - physical measurements research specification or drawing requirements etc.
- Participate in Kaizen Continuous Improvement and Lean events including follow-up implementation and/or validation tasks
- Assist in the review and validation of Standard Work for manufacturing task and activities.
- Lean Manufacturing application development and operator training
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- More than 2 years college / university studies completed in pursuit of an Engineering degree
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Can work independently and is self-motivated
- Excellent communicator in all forms
- Good Analytical Skills and Mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel including formatting data input data manipulation formulas charting
- Advanced writing skills (e.g. ability to document findings and draft a professional report or presentation)
- Functional knowledge of statistical analysis or SPC is desired
- Understand how to use simple measuring tools and equipment ( e.g. calipers micrometer)
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such all U.S. positions require a background check which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce workplace and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status age or any other federally protected class.
Collins Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.