Director Of Airport Warehousing Featured
- Rockford, Alabama
- Job ID
Director Of Airport Warehousing job at CS Recruiting in Rockford AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Storage Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a premier aviation company providing business and airline repair services FBO and fueling operations air cargo support along with airline and UPS support services.
Director of Airport Warehousing
This position is responsible for oversight of all cargo warehouse operations for a high volume multi-shift distribution center by providing strategic and operational leadership. This position is focused on developing and implementing strategic plans to ensure the companys service levels are achieved in the most efficient manner. This individual will oversee about 150 employees analyze warehouse operations and update executive management accordingly and if needed develop plans for improvement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Work with both the management team and the warehouse management team to develop and implement warehouse policies practices and procedures to ensure maximum performance and efficiencies.
- Oversee manage and lead 150+ warehouse employees.
- Collect track trend analyze and report warehouse activity data. Create tools and report to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze warehouse reports and activities to set productivity standards for each position in the warehouse and monitor productivity using various reports.
- Research service errors identify root causes process gaps and employee training needs.
- Partner with the management team to create and implement corrective action plans to ensure improved quality to customers.
- Handle and oversee incoming orders and ensure they get shipped out of the warehouse accurately.
- Identify evaluate and recommend business process and system improvement opportunities.
- P&L responsibilities.
- Develop project plans including objectives and benefits analyses.
- Lead and participate in process improvement teams that involve and impact internal and external customers.
- Manage contracts and negotiate contract pricing with customers.
- Oversee the training and evaluation of employees to enhance their performance development and work product. Review all warehouse employees performance evaluations and send reviews to Human Resources for approval.
- Evaluate staffing levels in each area of the warehouse with input from the overseeing managers and communicate staffing needs to Human Resources.
- Review the capital expenditure budget for the warehouse and submit the budget to executive management.
- Manage RFQs (Requests for Proposals) for projects as needed.
- Supervise staff in accordance with companys policies and applicable laws. This includes interviewing hiring and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; conducting timely performance evaluations; addressing complaints and resolving problems; rewarding counseling and terminated employees when warranted.
- Ensure employees receive proper training in their position.
- Ensure managers are properly documenting performance issues employee relations issues and any other employment concerns promptly and providing the documents to Human Resources for filing.
- Work closely with the management team at the facility to promote a positive teamwork environment.
- Ensure all areas of safety compliance which includes education and safety training for all employees as outlined in companys safety policy.
- Ensure an adequate number of employees are properly trained and certified on the use of the powered equipment.
- Ensure that the facility meets all safety requirements and that the facility and property are properly maintained.
- Regularly visit both warehouse locations to build relationships partner on strategic initiatives and drive success.
- 10+ years of previous industry-related experience
- 5+ years of warehouse leadership / management experience
- Previous experience working at warehouses airport warehouse handling and air freight.
- Prior experience with CargoStop is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical creative thinking problem-solving and project management skills are required
- This individual must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and procedure instructions and must be able to effectively write reports and correspondence
- Computer proficiency in Word and advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to:Freight Freight Brokerage Freight Delivery Transportation Logistics Logistics Transportation Transportation Brokerage Trucking Trucking Brokerage Truckload Brokerage Supply Chain Supply Chain Solutions 3PL Third Party Logistics Shipping Non-Asset Non-Asset Brokerage OTRAir Export Air Import Global Export Shipment Air Freight Air Cargo International Customs CTPAT TSAFreight Forwarding International Freight Domestic Freight Air Freight Ocean Freight Domestic International International Shipping Steamship Logistics Customs Customs Brokerage Import Export Air Ocean NVOCCKPI Shipping Receiving P&L Facility Facility Management Distribution Fulfillment Inventory Inventory Control Stocking Product Shipment WMS Warehouse Operations Shipper Distributor Storage Dock Operations Warehousing SKU EDIfreight operations customer service tracking tracing pricing planning driver dispatching post-delivery transactional freight shipment deliveryGeneral Industry Osha Standards Staff Management Line Management Workload Planning Movement Monitoring Inventory Levels Training Receiving Dock Operations Inbound Outbound Value-Adding Picking Packing Kitting Operations SCRUM Location Management Reconciliation Process Management Process Improvement SOP Materials ControlPlant Safety Staging ManagementDirector Regional Director Senior Director Leadership Leader
CS Recruiting Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.