Airport Operations Arff Specialist Hot
- Flagstaff, Arizona
- Job ID
Airport Operations Arff Specialist job at CITY OF FLAGSTAFF in Flagstaff AZ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Actively supports and upholds the Citys stated mission and values. Under direction of the Airport Operations Supervisor (or work direction of an Airport Operations/ARFF Specialist) employees of this class are expected to perform day-to-day activities associated with inspecting and maintaining Flagstaff Pulliam Airport in order to comply with local state federal regulations.
The Airport Operations/ARFF Specialist series is a broad band series where incumbents are responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks. Tasks performed range from lesser complex unskilled and semi-skilled duties to highly skilled duties. There are three zones within the broad band. The incumbent will have the opportunity to advance through the zones based on tenure performance and value added to the organization according to the corresponding policy.
- Supervisory: This job does not have formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Budgetary: This job does not have budgetary responsibilities but carries out day-to-day activities within approved budget.
- Strategic Planning: This job does not have strategic planning responsibilities but carries out day-to-day activities in order to reach the stated goals and objectives.
- Policies/Procedures: This job carries out day-to-day activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Compliance: This job has partial responsibility (follows assists in ensuring compliance with and may enforce) Federal State and Local laws rules and regulations as well as City policies and procedures. The Airport Operations/ARFF Specialist follows and assists in ensuring compliance with FAA Part 139 as well as TSA Uniform Fire Code and City of Flagstaff rules and regulations.
- Council Communications: This job carries out day-to-day activities in accordance with Councils adopted priorities and direction.
- Reporting: This job has partial responsibility for reporting to federal state and local agencies (gathers information completes reports and assists in addressing discrepancies in reporting) for the following reports/agencies: City of Flagstaff FAA TSA/DHS and NTSB. The Airport Operations/ARFF Specialist is responsible for gathering information and submitting reports relating to aircraft incidents/accidents EMS calls fire code inspections breaches of airfield security wildlife hazard management daily inspection reports and training reports.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Performs airport operation and maintenance services in order to ensure compliance with FAA part 139 regulations.
- Responds to aircraft emergencies provides aircraft rescue and firefighting and provides emergency medical treatment to injured persons.
- Fulfills ARFF and operations training requirements on a regular basis to meet FAA requirements.
- Inspects all airport safety and operational areas and equipment including runway and taxiways airfield lighting parking aprons hangars terminal building fuel storage areas and perimeter fences gates and grounds.
- Monitors and enforces TSA security regulations (CFR 49 part 1542) regarding passengers cargo scheduled airline service and the protection of air carrier aircraft.
- Monitors and enforces FAA regulations (CFR 14 part 139) regarding Uniform Fire Code regulations and vehicle operation parking rules and issues Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs).
- Performs duties as an aircraft rescue firefighter (ARFF crewmember) medical first responder/EMT and HAZMAT First Responder.
- Completes and compiles inspection forms for operational record keeping aircraft incident reports and emergency medical responses.
- Maintains exterior of airport buildings and grounds by mowing and other related service tasks.
- Performs snow removal functions on all aircraft operating areas as well as most roadways and vehicle parking lots utilizing heavy equipment including but not limited to snowplows front-end loaders dump trucks dual-engine snow blowers tractors and hand shovels.
- Interprets basic weather data from Internet or other media in order to predict snowfall duration and amounts both before and during snow removal operations.
- Ability to mitigate wildlife hazards before they become full-blown aviation hazards or cause an incident/accident.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs or assists with a wide variety of entry level maintenance grounds keeping and repair work for airport buildings hangars runway taxiway and apron pavements airfield lighting security lighting security fencing as well as other equipment facilities and grounds.
- Successfully performs basic heavy equipment operations such as tractor/mower front end loader dump trucks and snow blower etc.
- Maintains awareness of wildlife hazards to aviation in the airport area and reports to supervisor.
- Must complete basic Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting certification within 1 year of hire.
- Safely and efficiently operates snow removal equipment especially around parked or taxiing aircraft on both aircraft moving and in parked areas.
- Other duties as assigned and/or listed in job description.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of experience in the general maintenance and operational fields.
- 6 months of customer service experience.
- Must have completed or be enrolled in EMT class within first year of hire.
- Must complete basic Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting certification within 1 year of hire.
- Or any combination of education experience and training equivalent to the above Minimum Requirements.
- Airport operations experience.
- Firefighter I and II certification.
- Arizona HAZMAT First Responder certified.
- Must possess or obtain upon employment a valid Arizona drivers license.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to ensure continuity.
- Must pass TSA and FBI background checks.
- Must meet FAA training/certification requirements for firefighting emergency medical response and wildlife hazard management.
- All emergency service employees shall maintain their principal residence within a prescribed area. The prescribed area shall be defined as a 12-mile radius from City Hall or 35 miles eastbound westbound and southbound from the I-17 and I-40 exchanges with a five mile wide corridor (2 ½ miles on each side).
- Ability and willingness to work extended shift work hours during snow removal or rescue/recovery operations as dictated by weather and operational conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work shift work on a rotating basis including evenings weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to be contacted and to respond in a timely manner and be willing and able to perform emergency work on an evening weekend and 12-hour shift basis.
- Incumbents of this position are subject to pre-employment drug screening and post-employment random post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug/alcohol screening.
- Language Skills: Ability to read analyze and interpret general business periodicals professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers clients customers and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions percentages area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to make solid decisions concerning life limb and loss of property in the presence of extreme stress.
- Basic knowledge and skills in maintenance carpentry electrical mechanical and grounds disciplines.
- Skills related to the operation and maintenance of heavy duty multi-engine equipment.
- General knowledge of the use of standard tools materials methods and practices of maintaining pavements buildings electrical systems and motorized equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with aircraft operations high voltage airfield lighting systems aviation fuels systems and heavy equipment.
- Ability to understand and reliably carry out oral and written instructions regarding airport operations maintenance security and safety functions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify and carry out required daily airport tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to complete and maintain records of daily inspections training records FAA incident reports bird strike/animal strike reports emergency medical response forms as well as other related records and forms.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all other employees other city divisions and departments airport tenants and the general public.
- Ability to perform effectively and safely during prolonged periods of snow removal. ..... click apply for full job details
CITY OF FLAGSTAFF Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.