Software Engineer Aviation Weather Urgent
- Logan, Utah
- Annual Salary $70,000.00 - $100,000.00
- Job ID
Software Engineer Aviation Weather job at CAMPBELL SCIENTIFIC INC in Logan UT
Description, duties, responsibilities
To apply please visit: www.campbellsci.com/careers
Campbell Scientific is proud to be recognized as a world leader in the design, manufacture, and service of environmental measurement and control systems used to address society’s needs for clean air, clean water, a good supply of food, reliable well-built infrastructure, and safe, efficient transportation. Our employees are devoted to maintaining our innovative quality and dependable products. If you want to make a difference at work and around the globe, strive to constantly learn and grow, have a strong work ethic, and value serving others - we encourage you to join our team.
Job title: Software Engineer (Aviation Weather)
Open date: 26 May 2021
Department: Software Development
Division: Research & Development
Status: Regular full-time
Location: Logan, Utah, USA
EEO job code / group: 2 / Professionals
Reporting to: Director of Software Engineering
Positions supervised: Software Engineers
A Software Engineer in this position serves as the Product Owner for our Aviation Weather Software Team. You will lead a development team focused on the delivery of solutions to the Aviation Weather market. You will continually seek to develop industry-leading expertise regarding the standards, practices, and trends of Aviation Weather. You work collaboratively with product managers, business development, project proposal response and delivery, and hardware and software engineers in the ongoing definition and delivery of standard and bespoke solutions. These solutions have very strict requirements for international regulatory compliance, stability, accuracy, and autonomy and require the highest degree of reliability.
- Developing industry-leading expertise regarding the standards, practices, and trends of Aviation Weather that translates into meaningful product strategies and trusted-advisor relationships
- Maintains an understanding of current and future International Regulatory Standards, including the ICAO baseline and national variations where applicable.
- Consultation and contribution to project proposal response and delivery
- Collaborating with stakeholders to create, maintain, and communicate a product vision
- Creating, maintaining, and communicating a product development plan that is always aligned to the needs of the market and the business
- Translating product plan into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
- Leading the product functional design process
- Overseeing product development, including planning, refinement, review, and sprint
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance to evaluate future investment
Required technical and functional Skills
- Experience managing and leading teams of software developers (3+ yrs.)
- Experience in product management and/or product development (7+ yrs.)
- Experience leading agile software development and scrum (3+ yrs.)
- Experience supporting project proposal response and delivery, particularly for government agencies (3+ yrs.)
- Demonstrated ability to work with customer requirements to produce usable designs and implementations
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Excellent project management skills, with a degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proficient with Git, C++, Windows, and Linux development tools
- Experience in delivering transportation weather, particularly aviation, solutions
- Experience delivering solutions aligned with NIST 800 and FIPS 140.
- Experience with ISO 27001 certification
- Experience with hardware components that can work over TCP/IP and or Serial Lines.
- Experience in working with remote development teams
- Familiarity with JIRA.
Required education and relevant experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a computer science discipline
Work environment: General office environment, extensive use of PC, customer site visits where CS products are or will be installed
Travel requirements: Domestic and international travel up to 5 weeks per year
Physical requirements: Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 10 lbs., sit or stand for several hours at a time, and walk reasonable distances in servicing customer needs
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with educations and experience. Excellent benefits provided.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Campbell Scientific, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
CAMPBELL SCIENTIFIC INC Company Overview
Located in beautiful Cache Valley, Campbell Scientific, Inc., employs more than 300 people dedicated to delivering state-of-the-art measurement and control systems to customers all over the world. We provide a competitive, total compensation package coupled with a well-known family-friendly work environment. Founded in 1974, the company has achieved preferred employer status reflected by an average employee tenure of more than 14 years. "Exceptional people are critical to our success. While we pride ourselves on innovative, high-quality products and great customer support, we realize that it all starts with great people. I look forward to coming to work each day because of our people and the passion and commitment they have for our organization and customers." Rob Campbell, President and CEO Our Culture We believe in working together to achieve common goals and in balancing our work lives with other interests in a healthy and manageable way. We believe in removing obstacles that interfere with productivity, celebrating milestones, and finding ways to make work more fun. As an employee, you can expect clear and consistent communication with your manager about job expectations and the effect of your contributions toward our strategic initiatives. Our Core Values We select, promote, recognize, and reward our employees based on these values: Accountability – personal responsibility to honor commitments with integrity and transparency Respect – treat clients and fellow employees with trust, humility, and respect, and expect the same in return Client-Centric – individual dedication to know our clients and serve our clients Teamwork – work collaboratively with others to achieve our goals Innovation – radically improve the client experience by applying appropriate technologies and processes Continually Improve – embrace change and evolve quickly to improve what we do and how we do it Our Mission We are committed to satisfying the measurement instrumentation needs of our customers, especially those who are working to advance science and technology for the benefit of humankind. Our Vision Be the global supplier of choice in environmental and infrastructure monitoring solutions. Our Employees There are four characteristics that we look for in our potential employees: A passion for what we do (or a passion for what you do professionally and pride in how it contributes to our overall team success) A drive to constantly learn and grow A solid work ethic A mission of service to other Diversity and Equal Opportunity Campbell Scientific, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our goal is to make every employee feel valued, respected, and heard. Our diverse, mission-driven employees are unique, but we share a common passion for providing solutions and services that are designed to meet the measurement and monitoring needs of our customers. We strive to create a workforce that more closely matches the diversity of the customers we serve. Environmental Sustainability When we talk about our commitment to environmental sustainability, we are referring to our mindfulness of the effect that we have on our environment and natural resources. As a company and as individuals, we make a conscious effort to produce the smallest environmental impact possible so that we may preserve our quality of life for present and future generations. As a manufacturer of scientific measurement instruments, our products are used by scientists and researchers across the globe to make more informed, data-driven decisions that affect the future of our environment. Moreover, our products are used in the renewable energy market for solar and wind energy assessments so that we can lessen our dependence on non-renewable resources.