Aviation Assembly Technician With Ap License Featured
- Lafayette, Indiana
- Job ID
Aviation Assembly Technician With Ap License job at Butler Aerospace Defense in Lafayette IN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position A&P Assembly Mechanics Techs
Location: Lafayette IN (47909)
Duration 12 month Contract
Pay Rate $28.00 - $30.00
Education High School diploma or GED
License A&P - Required
Start Date ASAP
Shifts 2nd shift: 3pm - 1130pm & 1st shift: 7am - 300pm M-F & some
2nd shift: 3pm - 1130pm - Two (2) 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
1st shift: 7am - 300pm - Two (2) 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
Training on first shift for 1st week.
NOTE - Approximate 40-50% will be required to work 2nd shift permanently. Must be flexible. May be asked to work 1st shift.
ROLE SUMMARY / PURPOSE:
In this role you will work in one of our clients Aviation newest state of the art facilities & work on one of our new engine lines- the CFM LEAP. The role consists of new engine module assembly. As an ASSEMBLY TECH you will use state of the art tools and equipment to Assemble new sub-assembly modules that will be used to build new LEAP engines.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have FAA PowerPlant License
- High School Diploma / GED
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours / 2nd or 1st shifts as required
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e. U.S. citizens permanent residents and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Company will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Assemble Turbofan Engine Modules using hand tools specialized tools equipment and fixtures
- Work from complex product drawings specifications and other company / customer specifications
- Perform inspections required to assure that the quality plan is achieved
- Meet Lafayette Engine Facility Program assembly requirements for production
- Follow all Lafayette Engine Facility Policies and protocol as specified by LEF focal team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow work instructions and use hand tools
- Ability to learn new tasks and become multi-skilled
- Ability to make and accept responsibility for decisions
- Ability to be coached and trained in a multifunctional work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to use a computer and electronic based work instructions
- Ability to identify quality and workmanship issues
- Wear Attire consistent with Companys LEF policy and contract
- Steel toe work shoes
Please send resume to Daniel at [Click Here to Email Your Resume] on subject line write job ID # 55886
keywords: aviation aerospace aircraft airplane engine FAA LEAP A&P powerplant aircraft Lafayette Indiana turbofan mechanic test tester CFM CFM LEAP military airforce army navy veteran assembly assembler assemble sub assembly subassembly modules.
Butler America Aerospace LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees our customers and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race color religion gender national origin ethnicity veteran status disability status age sexual orientation gender identity gender expression marital status mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
A&P MechanicAircraft TechPOWERPLANT
Butler Aerospace Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.