Senior Open Systems Architect Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
Senior Open Systems Architect job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Open Systems Architect (Level 5) for a Proprietary program in St Louis, MO. This Open System Architect position will be in support of developing the Mission Systems (MS) avionics and sensor architecture for the Bombers & Fighters Division of Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS), but will also have close working relationships with the Phantom Works and Autonomous Systems organizations. This position will also include integration across multi-disciplines in addition to Mission Systems.
While the specific details of this program cannot be disclosed in this forum, we are developing a variety of avionics and sensor components in support of this program specifically, supporting open architecture design constructs, and multi-use across Boeing MS programs.
In general, here are some of the key components this position will be supporting and related experiences required:
- MS Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) implementation for MS and platform development
- MS hardware and software architecture design and development
- Design and implementation of open architecture standards, most significantly Open Mission Systems (OMS), but including other open standards (SPEAD, MOSA, CONCERTO, FACE, SOSA, etc) and interfaces (VITA, UCI, etc)
- Development and execution of trade studies to evaluate different open architecture designs and their effect on system functions and capabilities
- Design and integration of supplier sensors and MS components
- Lead a team to technical consensus on trade studies and performance analysis
- Evaluate and design high speed data networks, primarily 40Gb Ethernet and 100Gb InifiniBand
- Experience with sensor and aperture hardware and software integration
- Experience with the design and construct of multi-functional digital and RF apertures
- Experience with Commercial off the shelf (COTS) processor hardware and software layers (GPP, GPU, VPX, PPC, etc)
- Experience with design and implementation of sensor resource management software and algorithms
- Familiarity with Multi-Level Security design options and associated hardware and software is a plus
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Currently possess a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with customer open systems architecture (OSA) requirements and similar experience with emerging software assurance and anti-tamper requirements and solutions
- Experience in technical leadership
- Masters Degree in Engineering
- Experience in an avionics, electrical, and/or a mission systems role
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Some travel will be required for this position, but will not be significant in the nearer term phases.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.