Senior Quality Engineer APQP Division Lead Mobility & Surveillance Featured
- Tukwila, Washington
- Job ID
Senior Quality Engineer APQP Division Lead Mobility Surveillance job at Boeing in Tukwila WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer Level 4 to be an APQP Division Lead for: Mobility and Surveillance Division out of Tukwila, WA
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- APQP focal & resource for each division
- Identify & prioritize APQP projects within each division
- Coach, lead /assist teams to use APQP methods & tools on projects
- In conjunction with project leads, stand up project teams
- Work on APQP project teams by participating in project working meetings and collaborating with project team members doing the work together
- Coach project team members to perform the APQP work properly & effectively
- Review & approve APQP artifacts
- Connect teams with other resources to be successful
- Seek opportunities for project replication & additional benefits
- Document projects in the appropriate tool / database & capture the metrics / benefits
- Lead development & application of AS9145 / Advanced Product Quality Planning tools, training & processes in collaboration with business unit teams.
- Partner with subject matter experts to conduct Quality reviews focused on APQP application to new programs, changes, work movements & new technologies and ensure early quality involvement / APQP execution.
- Lead /assist teams to use APQP methods & tools on projects
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in the application / deployment of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or AS9145 within organizations
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership or management role
- 3+ years of experience working with Six Sigma techniques
- 3+ years of experience preparing and presenting succinctly to executives, senior leadership, and external customers
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Practical hands on experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP and Coaching and leading projects.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with Aviation, Space and Defense products
- Training/Coaching experience
- Familiarity with ISO-9001, AS9100 and AS9145
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Position may require travel up to 20% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is governed by the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.