Associate Quality Engineer Featured
- Smithfield, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Associate Quality Engineer job at Boeing in Smithfield PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Associate Quality Engineer to join the Quality group located in Smithfield, PA.
- Researches contractual and Boeing Quality Management System requirements for applicability to specific proposals and program processes and documentation.
- Develops sections of quality metrics, design and production certification plans to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes capability assessments to support supplier selection activities.
- Participates in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs.
- Performs data analysis to ensure manufacturing and test readiness.
- Provides material review dispositions for non-conformances.
- Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Compiles performance reports and other statistical data to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved.
- Works under general supervision.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience working with MS Office suite
- 1+ year of experience in a technical or engineering field
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in producing written and verbal technical communication
- Experience developing root cause corrective actions
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.