Power House Mechanic Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
Power House Mechanic job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.undefined
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Power House Mechanic in St. Louis, Missouri. The Power House Mechanic will perform all work necessary to maintain and repair (except for electrical repair), operate, inspect, and lubricate machinery and equipment associated with and including low and high pressure steam and low and high temperature hot water boilers, air compressors, and other power generators, plus controls and auxiliary equipment pertaining to same, as well as building interiors.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate and maintain all fuel handling equipment singularly supporting the primary function.
- Operate industrial equipment as required in the performance of duties.
- May be responsible for handling of hazardous materials.
- Will be responsible for taking, reading and maintaining proper logs and charts.
- Duties may include the input and retrieval of information from computer systems.
- Perform activities required to ensure the safe and economical operation of boilers or other systems.
- Responsible for the coordination of information between shifts.
- Keep an assigned area clean.
- Use an assortment of tools and precision measurement devices.
- Perform any other requirements of comparable skill incidental to the accomplishment of the assignment.
- Receive instruction from Engineer and/or appropriate supervisor as to where and when maintenance is to take place, except for routine maintenance
- Some judgment is required when operating boilers or troubleshooting, repairing or overhauling equipment
- May be exposed to hazards inherent to powerhouse operations
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Interim Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start).
- Ability to obtain Interim Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience repairing and maintaining high pressure steam boilers and air compressors
- A current Stationary Engineer’s license
- Several years’ experience with lubrication and elementary mechanics
- Experience working from drawings and sketches.
- Typical experience is 2 to 4 years of experience in this or comparable classification or 2 or more years of related trade school training.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Bonus amount: US dollars (USD) $1,500
- The selected candidate must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IBT Local 6 Collective Bargaining agreement.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.