Senior Manager Material and Manufacturing Technology, Chemical Technolog Featured
- North Charleston, South Carolina
- Job ID
Senior Manager Material and Manufacturing Technology Chemical Technolog job at Boeing in North Charleston SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research and Technology is hiring for the positions of Senior Manager – Chemical Technology Midwest and Southeast, and Senior Manager – Chemical Technology Northwest into the Materials and Manufacturing Technology (MMT) organization to the Senior Director for Advanced Production Systems and Inspection and Chemical Technology to join their team in Charleston, SC and Seattle, WA.
In each of these exciting Roles, you will lead research and development, technology transitions, implementation, and replication; program support and sustainment activity for BCA, BDS, and BGS, and Supply Chain, material and process specification functional excellence, external customer engagement and contract research and development, and personnel development for managers and direct reports.
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain a diverse and inclusive team that meets business and technology current and future needs.Maintain the depth and breadth of critical Chemical Technology skills within BR & T: complete hiring per strategic work force plan, and actively coach and support Chemical Technology pipelines for mid and senior level roles, and ATF & TF candidates.
- Provide critical and sustaining program support - in partnership with BR & T MTI-C (Manufacturing Technology Integration - Commercial) and MTI-D (Manufacturing Technology Integration – Defense) organizations, support BCA and BDS Programs for the lifecycle of the product including: Product Development, Fabrication, Production, and the Supply Chain.
- Lead the successful execution of R & D portfolio for Chemical Technology – providing leadership and oversight to take innovation to technology transition and replication to deliver value, improve safety, improve quality, and improve productivity.Integrate with stakeholders to align to business and strategic needs; advocate and acquire required budgets to deliver on commitments.Ensure that all Chemical Technology technical projects are completed on-time and within budget.
- Manages employees and first-level managers performing activities within multiple (2 or more) Engineering disciplines.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 2+ years of experience as a manager leading engineering teams
- Flexibility to travel (domestically or internationally) 10% of the time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Masters in engineering and/or MBA preferred
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a non-union represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.