Lead Manufacturing Planner Systems & Test Featured
- Kent, Washington
- Job ID
Lead Manufacturing Planner Systems Test job at Boeing in Kent WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is hiring a Lead Manufacturing Planner- Systems & Test (Level 4)at our P-8 Test Lab in Kent, WA. This is a highly visible fast paced ME position that incorporates complicated engineering changes for our US Navy (USN) customer requirements supporting all phases of Lab Test Change incorporation, coordinating with DE, Test Lab Engineering and Production Teams, driving critical parts requirements and movement c/w SCMA for to and from P-8 Production areas in Tukwila.
- Plans and leads department/organization processes for developing, implementing and maintaining various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops and plans manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives.
- Prepares build analyses and cost estimate reports. Leads integration of complex suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Participates in source selection to ensure manufacturing requirements are met. Develops complex tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Manages tooling from initial design to end of use disposition.
- Leads investigation and resolution of complex or systemic manufacturing related issues.
- Leads teams performing producibility assessments of design concepts.
- Supports enterprise level benchmarking to incorporate best practices.
- Leads development of complex work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Develops scheduling templates for use by others.
- Drafts, updates and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Develops and documents new job practices, techniques and standards.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Redline Drawing change reviews
- Prioritize and Release work orders and provide limited dwg packages to shop
- Offload part fabrications to other labs (mainly to AM & P Seattle and Huntington Beach)
- Communicate with SCMAs, the expeditor, and the shop personnel for work order releases and part changes
- Process NCRs and generate rework orders
- Create and maintain procurement plans
- Maintain the electronic and hardcopy redline master and limited files and folders and the planning log file
- Process Coordination Memos and TWDs and ME stamp test procedures
- Create shippers
- Train and check other ME work
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of test program design (e.g., design of experiments, test plan development, validation)
- Experience leading or conducting complex flight and/or lab testing in an integrated test team environment
- 5+ years experience working in a manufacturing engineering environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Systems Integration Lab (SIL) experience
- Boeing BCA/BDS Manufacturing Engineering experience in Electrical and Systems Test
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
This is a union-represented position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.