Senior Fuel Systems Engineer Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
Senior Fuel Systems Engineer job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The selected candidate will provide technical leadership for the development of fuel systems & components. They will interpret and develop design requirements based on technical data, select components, modify existing designs and integrate system elements to satisfy customer and operational requirements. They will develop models to predict fuel system performance. They will participate in system level lab tests for the fuels system. They will provide technical oversight & review of build-to-print (BTP) packages of fuels systems installations in the air vehicle. They will also mentor early career engineers in a technical lead engineer role.
- Leads and provides technical oversight development of fuels systems for defense aircraft.
- Responsible for establishing performance requirements and architecture for the system.
- Ensures compliance to air vehicle requirements and airworthiness of components and system.
- Leads the development, modification and maintenance of fuel system components.
- Coordinates with key system suppliers to ensure performance to quality, cost & schedule.
- Performs and documents analyses. Prioritizes, delegates and tracks performance and documentation of analyses of fuels components and systems selecting appropriate methods to validate or assess the design.
- Supports proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
- Trains and coaches others. Works under minimal direction.
This position has a hybrid work schedule (3 days on site, 2 days virtual)
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Aeronautical/Aerospace/Astronautical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- The candidate must have at least 8 years of relevant fuels systems development experience
- The candidate must have experience with the selection and qualification of fuels systems components
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of supplier coordination experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- The candidate should have experience in the development of models to predict fuel system performance
- The candidate should be proficient in Siemens NX 3D CAD modeling tools
- The candidate should be fluent in applying 3D Model Based Definition principles as part of the design process.
- The candidate should have experience using product data management tools. Teamcenter experience preferred.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Potential Signing Bonus for Eligible/Qualified candidate
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.