Mid Level Product Review Engineer Featured
- Heath, Ohio
- Job ID
Mid Level Product Review Engineer job at Boeing in Heath OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking multiple Mid-Level Product Review Engineers to join The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team located in Heath, OH (35 minutes east of Columbus, OH).
These engineering positions will be responsible for design, development, test and sustainment of electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical products and test equipment/software in support of the U.S. Strategic Deterrence Systems (U.S. Air Force Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, U.S. Air Force & U.S. Navy Guidance Systems and other military programs). Other duties can include providing engineering support for product sent for repairs from a variety of military (U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy and foreign) customers. Engineering responsibilities include reviewing test data, directing repairs, developing process improvements, capturing process changes, and solving problems brought about with new workloads and part obsolescence. Close collaboration with program management, other functional engineering groups, operations and other functional counterparts is required.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day. Engineering careers are both challenging and fulfilling. Come build your career with Boeing!
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space, and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers, and for the world.
Boeing offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, 401k matching, tuition assistance for earning advanced degrees, paid medical leave programs and much more. Visit https://jobs.boeing.com/Benefits to learn more.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Apply knowledge of Boeing design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle
- Analyze, conduct root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances
- Apply engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer and designs interim and final engineering solutions
- Identify documents, analyzes reported problems and communicates deviations that could impact design intent and safety; recommends and manages resolution
- Develop and implement product/process improvements
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participates in design reviews
- Represent the engineering community in the build through post production environment
- Ensure supplier and build partner compliance with Boeing standards
- Develop customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment
- Participate in on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support team
- Analyze damage repair or structural modification to determine appropriate jacking and shoring, prevent collateral damage and assure a safe work environment
- Design interim structural repairs and conducts static strength analysis
- Develop non-destructive test procedures, tools and standards
- Conduct simple static strength analysis
- Work under general direction
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience working with and/or interpreting engineering data or engineering drawings
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry AND 5 or more years’ of related work experience OR an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (Ex: PhD, Master’s + 3 or more years’ related work experience)
- Experience in developing, maintaining and identifying improvements to the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.