Software Engineer Test Automation Lead Featured
- Annapolis Junction, Maryland
- Job ID
Software Engineer Test Automation Lead job at Boeing in Annapolis Junction MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI & A) is seeking a Software Engineer (Test Automation Lead) to join the development team on one of our (many) prime programs.
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
Ft. Meade, MD
Telework Available: N/A
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security.
You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC.
- Cognitive Data Models to develop data transformations for easier consumption into the UI.
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile data in a sandbox setting and updates real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations.
- An agency tool that enables users to quickly capture, document and access information.
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization in web applications by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a performant and fit for the customer’s mission.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- High level of collaboration with multiple product teams to design solutions from the user’s perspective.
- Review and test software components and gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies plus a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Eleven (11) years total of web development experience may be substituted for candidates without a qualifying bachelor’s degree.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Experience leading small development teams to drive integration efforts
- Seven (7) or more years of experience with the following software development and test automation technologies:
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements and test procedures
- Experience with Test Automation using tools such as Selenium, Pa11y, or Jasmine
- Experience writing, modifying, and executing unit, functional, and end-to-end tests
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Experience managing software code using tools such as Git & MAVEN
- Experience with CI/CD using GIT
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.