Network Designer Featured
- Herndon, Virginia
- Job ID
Network Designer job at Boeing in Herndon VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a self-motivated Network Designer to join the Mission Systems Operations group and support Maritime Undersea program located in Herndon, VA. In this role, you will lead end-to-end solutions in a growing portfolio that provides operations and engineering improvements of a mission-critical system in a dynamic real-time operations environment.
Join us in helping to create the ground station of the future for unmanned vehicles. As a member of our Mission Systems Operations team, you will be an integral part in developing hardware and software solutions for proprietary programs for our client. We translate customer needs into detailed requirements for system integrated designs including system architectures for current operations and program growth, facility design, hardware selection, software selection/development, system integration, testing and operations/maintenance.
- Perform system integration, hardware and softwareinstallation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture.
- Install, configure and maintain multiplatform systems hardware, software, and components.
- Plan, develop, design, integrate and maintain all computer applications, including specialized applications specific to the program’s objectives.
- Plan and coordinate highly complex software and hardware for enterprise release.
- Ensure systems conform to architectural objectives.
- Evaluate complex systems production readiness and supportability.
- Perform the restoration of complex computing service operations.
- Perform complex system problem identification and resolution.
- Integrate security solutions into information systems.
- Monitor system performance to support capacity planning, backup, and disaster recovery planning.
- Experience in both Windows and Linuxadministration, or one with the ability to learn.
- Lead others to identify, evaluate, and document complex computing system requirements.
- Lead activities to architect, design, build, and test delivery systems and components.
- Provide technical leadership to evaluate product usability, affordability, functionality, security, and performance to assess suitability for integration into delivery system environments.
- Provide technical mentorship and consultation for the implementation and usage of complex delivery systems.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite in Herndon, VA. Depending on program need and workload, some flexibility may be possible. You may be required to travel up to 25% to other customer locations in the region.
This position is contingent on clearance verification, adjudication, and customer concurrence.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (TS/SCI) (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- The ability to obtain a Full Scope Polygraph.
- 5+ years working with COTS Integration in a Linux or Windows environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelors degree or higher.
- Experience leading technical projects.
- Experience resolving complex system problems.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience, 18 years related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.