Senior Systems Engineer Cabin/Network Systems Featured
- Seattle, Washington
- Job ID
Senior Systems Engineer CabinNetwork Systems job at Boeing in Seattle WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer based out of Seattle, Washington.
The ONS (Onboard Network Systems) team is looking for Systems Engineers to develop System and Software Requirements that will be translated into Software Requirements for future releases. ONS software manages onboard networks, off-board communication, LRU (Line Replaceable Unit) data load, file storage, third party developed software, and a whole host of additional features that airline customers rely on.
System Engineers will work in multi-disciplinary teams with Software Engineers, Testers, business leaders, and airline customers to design and build new ONS platform features. The ONS platform software uses a number of technologies and the team is in need of Systems Engineers with a wide variety of System Engineering skills.
- Leads work with customers to develop and document system and software requirements to define and integrate airborne software and hardware across our commercial fleet
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translates requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Validate requirements and designs through both laboratory and airplane testing.
- Work with aircraft systems from initial concept through certification, delivery, and through their production life.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics
- 5+ years experience with writing system and/or software requirements definition
- 5+ years knowledge of multi system integrations
- 5+ years knowledge of network protocols, routing table definitions, and network architecture definition
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Systems integration experience
- Experience developing system requirements and troubleshooting
- Experience with testing and validation to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with airplane communication protocols
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This positionoffers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.