409A CHECKOUT MECHANIC MECH ANICAL SYSTEMS Featured
- Palmdale, California
- Job ID
409A CHECKOUT MECHANIC MECH ANICAL SYSTEMS job at Boeing in Palmdale CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- Read and interpret information from planning documents, engineering design information, and test preparations sheets, specifications and operations checkout procedures.
- Determine the methods and sequence of operations required to assemble and install on-board mechanical and/or hydro-pneumatic components or non-flight accessory equipment, prepare and validate test stations, test equipment and systems for test readiness conditions.
- Install, remove and replace on-board mechanical and hydro-mechanical system components and non-flight accessory equipment.
- Perform functional and/or operational checks of aircraft and/or space vehicle mechanical and hydro-pneumatic systems preparatory to flight, install, rework, and modify on-board and non-flight components and equipment, applying a thorough knowledge of aircraft and space vehicle mechanical systems, operating parameters, checkout equipment, and system controls and on board and remote monitoring equipment.
- Monitor console test equipment in qualification and checkout operations.
- Set up and operate service equipment to provide coolants, vacuum and pressures during systems testing.
- Respond to system alerts and abort operations where indicated to safeguard co-workers and to protect the system and equipment.
- Perform flight test modifications or preventive maintenance on aircraft mechanical systems including structures, surface controls, hydraulics, pneumatics and power plant.
- Evaluate data for test parameter compliance, diagnose and locate cause of malfunctions detected during test and rework or initiate necessary adjustments, synchronizations, alterations, repairs and replacements.
- Accompany flight crew on aircraft flight tests, if required, making adjustments during flight and keeping a log of work to be done after aircraft lands.
- Record assembly and test data and statistics manually or with the aid of a computer or computer-based system.
- Sign off work as ready for flight.
- Must be able to engage in kneeling, bending for prolong periods with or without reasonable accommodations.
- This position requires ability to obtain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US citizenship.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Capable of working overtime
- Capable of working any shift
- Ability to obtain Fall Protection certification
- Ability to obtain confined space certification
- Airframe License
- Power Plant License
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- This is an hourly position governed by the UAW Collective Bargaining agreement.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.