Entry Level Structural Design Engineer Featured
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Entry Level Structural Design Engineer job at Boeing in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an Entry Level Structural Design Engineer to join the Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
A successful member of this team will understand and execute modifications and upgrades for the Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2) Programs.
- Assists with documentation of structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Assists with development, maintenance and modification of payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Assists with tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Assists with management of supplier development, test and production activities to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Works under close supervision.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Possesses a Bachelors degree or higher in an Engineering or Science related field, by the end of August 2022.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with CAD modeling
- Experience with structural design
- Prior internship experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace (US Specific):
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift (US Specific):
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.