System Administrator, Maritime Undersea Featured
- Herndon, Virginia
- Job ID
System Administrator Maritime Undersea job at Boeing in Herndon VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Maritime Undersea organization seeks a System Administrator to join the Mission Systems Operations team located in Herndon, VA.
As a member of the Mission Systems Operations Team, you are an integral part in developing hardware and software solutions for proprietary programs for our client. We translate customer needs into detailed requirements for system integrated designs including system architectures for current operations and program growth, facility design, hardware selection, software selection/development, system integration, testing and operations/maintenance. Rotating shift-work is required of this position in direct support of the customer’s operations tempo; shift differential is paid based on shift schedule coverage. You have to adapt in an exciting, multifaceted operational environment while managing relationships with system stakeholders and customers.
- Perform system integration, hardware and softwareinstallation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture.
- Install, configure and maintain multiplatform systems hardware, software and components.
- Plan, develop, design, integrate, and maintain all computer applications, including specialized applications specific to the program’s objectives.
- Plan and coordinate highly complex software and hardware for enterprise release.
- Ensure systems conform to architectural objectives.
- Evaluate complex systems production readiness and supportability.
- Perform the restoration of complex computing service operations.
- Perform complex system problem identification and resolution.
- Integrate security solutions into information systems.
- Monitor system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning.
- Experience in both Windows and Linux administration, or one with the ability to learn.
This position is shift 4. You must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts.
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
You must have the ability to obtain a Full Scope Poly for the position.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Willing to work a rotating shift.
- 3+ years’ experience in troubleshooting complex network problems.
- SystemAdministration experience of Linux/Unix or Windows platforms.
- 3+ years’ experience in communicating with customer representatives in a variety of forums, in both written and spoken form, regarding technical subjects.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience, 9 years related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for variable shift
You must be willing to work variable shifts when necessary, including weekends and overtime. Shift differential is paid based on shift schedule coverage.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.