Entry Level 787 Program Assembler Featured
- North Charleston, South Carolina
- Job ID
Entry Level 787 Program Assembler job at Boeing in North Charleston SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is hiring Assemblers(Level A) to help support the 787 Program in North Charleston, South Carolina.
The teammate will be responsible for, but are not limited to, performing tasks in the following areas; locating parts and assemblies; gap verification & shimming; manual and automated drilling; sealant application; installation of fasteners, rivets, & blind bolts; training, process improvement and Lean/BPS.
- Performs simple production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Models a culture of One Team, Pride and Ownership.
- Identifies roadblocks and production constraints escalating issues which cannot be resolved by the team using open and clear communication.
- Uses KPI and BPS principles to improve production flow and work environment.
- Supports overtime as required to meet customer commitments.
- Participates in Lean Manufacturing Systems (LMS) and 5S activities.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be able to work any shift assigned.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ months of experience of Aerospace, Fabrication, or Manufacturing experience.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.