System Engineer Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
System Engineer job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Refer to "Supplemental Information" for further clarification on the use of this job family. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking motivated and talented Systems Engineers to join the Bombers and Fighters Systems Engineering Team in Berkeley, Missouri.
The Bombers and Fighters organization is dynamic and growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing top talent in support of critical missions for national defense. Connected to our Department of Defense customers missions, we deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent. The programs that we support in St. Louis and in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma include the F/A-18 Super Hornet, the EA-18G Growler electronic attack aircraft, the F-15 and F-22 fighters, the T-7A Air Force Trainer, the B-1 and B-52 bombers and additional proprietary programs.
- Assist in analyzing and translating requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs
- Assist in evaluation of systems under various scenarios and architectures to determine and optimize overall system mission performance
- Assists with performance analysis to optimize the system architecture to solve complex aircraft system design problems
- Assist in test and validation to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Assist in performing systems analysis of the existing system architecture in conjunction with new technologies and concepts for improvements to be considered for future architectures
- Assists with risk assessments and generate mitigation plans for various programs with regard to compliance with system requirements and customer capabilities
- Utilization of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools such as DOORS, Cameo, and mathematical modeling and simulation to develop system definitions and perform trade studies
- Development of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools, processes and architectures
This position allows some telecommuting.
The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Candidate must have Technical Bachelors, Masters or a PhD degree by December 2022.
Preferred Qualifications/Desired Skills (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in applying engineering processes and principles
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience/domain knowledge of system architecture, requirements, interface definition, verification, and validation
- Experience with systems development and integration
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of systems engineering tools, schedules and metrics (i.e. Earned value management, DOORs, CAMEO).
A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Relocation: Relocation is based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 1st shift.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.