Entry Level Flight Test Engineer Featured
- Brussels, Illinois
- Job ID
Entry Level Flight Test Engineer job at Boeing in Brussels IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect protect explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space you ll learn and grow contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space and Security has exciting career opportunities for Entry Level Flight Test Engineers to join theT-7A Red Hawk Program System Test organization located in Berkeley Missouri. This program is tasked by the U.S. Air Force customer to produce the next-generation training jet. The selected candidate will be responsible for test aircraft configuration management and aircraft ground and flight test execution during the initial Engineering Manufacturing Development (EMD) program. This position may require some travel to Edwards Air Force base to support flight test execution.
Maintains test aircraft configuration in support of test objectives. Participates in gathering and analyzing requirements for test measurement systems. Assists in the development of test procedures and instrumentation and configuration definition to perform the test within the constraints of the test plan. Performs data analysis develops and utilizes data processing tools. Uses analytical tools to verify the design. Verifies collection of complete data set. Maintains test logs prepares simple test reports and archives data. Works under direct supervision.
- Maintains test aircraft configuration in support of test objectives.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing requirements for test measurement systems.
- Assists in the development of test procedures and instrumentation and configuration definition to perform the test within the constraints of the test plan.
- Performs data analysis develops and utilizes data processing tools.
- Uses analytical tools to verify the design.
- Verifies collection of complete data set.
- Maintains test logs prepares simple test reports and archives data. Works under direct supervision.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering. Concentration in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering discipline preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate across multiple disciplines with internal and external customers.
- Skill and ability to collect organize synthesize and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Computer proficiency and ability to use and navigate the internet and various computer software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Knowledge and ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Knowledge and familiarity in using MS Access desirable.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA ABET accreditation is the preferred although not required accreditation standard.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance post-start is required.
- This position offers relocation to eligible candidates.
- This position is on 1st shift.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana cocaine opioids amphetamines PCP and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.