Deputy Program Manager F 18 Featured
- Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Job ID
Deputy Program Manager F 18 job at Boeing in Maryland Heights MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Tapestry Solutions a Boeing Company and part of Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a F/A-18 Program Manager in Maryland Heights, MO.
In this role, you will lead planning and integration activities for the F/A-18 Mission Planning Program. Applies technical knowledge of product support and Program Management Best Practices to direct program activities. Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals. Program Management efforts involve utilizing SAFe and Agile software development methods. Accountable to meet cost and schedule goals. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Manages, develops and motivates employees.
- Ensures timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval and disposition of information for complex and multiple projects.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to others regarding approved processes, tools, technology and skills for own projects or processes.
- Achieves goals for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Develops project and operational plans aligned to team objectives.
- Implements plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved.
- Assigns authority and responsibilities to employees to execute the plan.
- Reviews plans execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues.
- Monitors and reports appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan.
- Applies in-depth understanding of program budget management principles and practices to develop and administer program budgets.
- Ensures work statement is completed on schedule and budget.
- Forecasts resource needs and obtains and manages personnel, facilities, services, equipment and tools to meet project and daily operating requirements.
- Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities.
- Provides on-going developmental feedback.
This position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform work onsite at the listed location option.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start isrequired.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience as a Manager/Lead for a team of Software Engineers
- 3+ years of experience managing/leading multiple projects simultaneously
- 3+ years of experience developing and presenting recommendations to leadership
- 1+ years of experience leading, managing or working within an Agile application development team
- Experience with Program Management, including scheduling and Cost Account Manager (CAM) Earned Value Management (EVM)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working within accepted project management standards in the industry with any one or a combination of the following: Project management institute (PMI), Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Application, Development, & Sustaining (AD & S)
- Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Experience with mission planning and Joint Mission Planning Software (JMPS)
- Experience working as a Software, Systems, or Electrical Engineer
- Prior aircraft avionics experience
Relocation assistance is not a negotiablebenefitforthisposition. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is first-shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.