Integral Fuel Cell Assembly B Featured
- Moses Lake, Washington
- Job ID
Integral Fuel Cell Assembly B job at Boeing in Moses Lake WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking In-Tank Aircraft Mechanics to join our teams supporting Boeing Commercial Airplanes in Moses Lake in Washington State! This is an exciting opportunity to assemble and install components for a critical structural assembly of an aircraft.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings and/or specifications
- Use chemical lubricants, solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives, paints and special finishes
- Using a computer in a production environment
- Assemble and install parts, structural components and sub-assemblies to build and attach major wing assemblies. This includes sealing, plumbing system and electrical components. Work on composite/metal aircraft
- Using drills and high impact vibratory tools (bucking, riveting), in addition to screwdrivers, lock bolt puller, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner, torque wrenches, crimpers, cable tools and various other hand tools
- Inspect work for quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object Debris)
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g., scissors lifts, elevated work platforms)
- This position will require working in confined spaces of the wing fuel cells for extended periods. Employees crawl through an opening 17.75" X 10.00" in order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Appropriate protective clothing/equipment determined by the task you are performing.
This position will require the following on a daily basis:
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) Flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent back), handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching (overhead), Lying down (back, side, front), rotation of head/neck, standing, twisting at the waist, walking
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs) exposure to constant noise and inside a confined space
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) bending at the waist, handling (holding/grasping), standing, use of high impact vibratory tools, working from an elicited platform
- Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/pulling 10-35 pounds
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding, inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting)
- Finger manipulation (keyboarding, other)
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or documents
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings, specifications, material processes, schematic and diagrams
- Ability to work in an 17.75" X 10.00" opening of the wing fuel cells for extended periods
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with hand and power tools
- Ability to work with High Hazard Chemicals
- Attended a Boeing partnered manufacturing related high school or community and technology college academic program
This position is for 2nd shift.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This is a temporary, full-time opportunity. Employment duration will vary depending on the business need of the statement of work defined. At the conclusion of the defined statement of work, employees are encouraged to explore additional opportunities available at The Boeing Company.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.