Mid level Equipment Reliability Engineering Tech Featured
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Job ID
Mid level Equipment Reliability Engineering Tech job at Boeing in Charleston SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation of amazing products. Each day, youll work alongside experts in production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
The Equipment Reliability Engineering team in Charleston, SC is seeking a talented and motivated individual to support production equipment reliability throughout the equipment life cycle.
- Support the development of preventative maintenance documents and processes.
- Retrieve and analyze production downtime data from multiple sources to generate a clear picture of asset reliability and major downtime drivers.
- Contribute to authoring the requirements for new production equipment with an eye towards maintainability and reliability.
- Support Maintenance and Equipment Operation teammates during equipment downtime events.
- Review production requirements and engineering documents to ensure equipment compliance with all applicable standards.
- Participate in Autonomous Maintenance Workshops (AMW) with production and maintenance personnel.
- Assist in forecast planning of expenses to ensure equipment reliability throughout its life cycle.
- Work with minimal supervision in collaboration with other engineers, technicians, operators, and support staff.
- Works with electrical systems and electronic components of complex industrial machinery and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Provides technical expertise in the evaluation of products or equipment and makes recommendations.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturers instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours and overtime.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- A degree from an accredited course of study, in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and/or 5 or more years’ supporting equipment automation / supporting equipment reliability programs in a production setting.
- 3 or more years’ experience supporting production equipment maintenance and reliability programs.
- 3 or more years’ experience working with detailed work instructions or reading & interpreting blueprints & drawings.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Machine compensation/alignment experience.
- Experience with troubleshooting system faults and developing preventative maintenance plans.
- 5 or more years’ of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Maximo or other Computerized Maintenance Software Systems
- Trade school certification or education.
- Knowledge with automation systems maintenance, robotics systems, and various types of equipment controllers, such as Siemens 840D, Fanuc, and Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products like Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor +1 years related work experience, 5 years related work experience, etc.).
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This position is for 1st
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.