Vertical Lift Software Engineer Featured
- Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Vertical Lift Software Engineer job at Boeing in Ridley Park PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking Experienced Software Engineers to join the Ridley Park, PA campus where we work on multiple Boeing programs, including V-22, H-47, FLRAA, Enterprise DevSecOps, Space and Launch Systems, Autonomous Maritime and many more. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
At Boeing, our software engineers use their expertise to dream up next generation software capabilities for some amazing aerospace platforms. Boeing encourages its engineers to move up as technical leads as well as gives them opportunities to grow into management. Join us and you will have the unique opportunity to develop real-time embedded software for the most sophisticated military platforms in the world. Across Commercial, Defense and Global Services, our teams are developing software for next generation trainers; tactical fighter aircraft; helicopters; unmanned air vehicles; space, satellite, and weapons systems; state of the art flight simulators; cybersecurity solutions, and much more.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Leading a team in full life-cycle mission, vehicle, display, and/or flight control software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Ada, or Linux.
- Leading development and debugging of real-time embedded applications.
- Working with customers and other engineers to define requirements, such as understanding and agreeing upon the function of the software system.
- Architecting and designing software to meet current and future requirements.
- Implementing and testing software using a variety of technologies and software languages
- Mentoring early career engineers
- Responsible for designing and developing quality products, have strong communication skills, and are capable of working in a multi-tasking environment while supporting multiple projects concurrently
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance Post-Start.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience with full life-cycle Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Ada, or Linux.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years working in Agile software development framework.
- 3+ years of experience with real-time embedded software development.
- Familiarity with DO-178C requirements is preferred.
- Experience with LDRA or other code coverage tools is preferred.
- Familiarity working with and/or developing software requirements/test methodology.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience).
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
- For further information on the basic relocation plan, refer here.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.