Mid Level Support Equipment Electrical avionics Engineer 1st Shift Hot
- Lynwood, California
- Job ID
Mid Level Support Equipment Electrical avionics Engineer 1st Shift job at Boeing in Lynwood CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is currently seeking a Support Equipment Electrical/Avionics Engineer (Level 3) with broad knowledge of aircraft avionics and electrical systems and electrical engineering principles to support the team in Seal Beach California.
The primary responsibility in this role will be addressing and providing engineering analysis of electrical and avionics Tooling and Ground Support Equipment used for maintaining commercial airplanes. Will be responsible for providing technical data to customers on ground support equipment and ground operations for airplane servicing and maintenance. This includes data for both Boeing-designed and commercially available GSE. Provide sales support and introductory support by analyzing an airlines? capabilities and equipment requirements to service and maintain airplanes new to their fleet. Work with suppliers to determine tooling requirements and procedures for the repair testing and overhaul of their components.
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product life-cycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements therefore a ?US Person? as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. ?US Person? includes US Citizen lawful permanent resident refugee or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry
- Ability to work occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365
- 5+ years of full time aerospace industry experience with Avionics and/or Electrical Systems.
- High-quality written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience and/or familiarity with Avionics and Electrical Tools and Ground Support Equipment to test and maintain commercial airplanes.
- Ability to review prepare and communicate design specifications and test plans for above type equipment.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA ABET accreditation is the preferred although not required accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana cocaine opioids amphetamines PCP and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.