Entry Level Vehicle Management Systems Software Engineer Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
Entry Level Vehicle Management Systems Software Engineer job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Vehicle Management Systems (VMS) Entry Level Software Engineer to join the Bombers and Fighters and Phantom Works divisions located in Berkeley, MO. This position will focus on supporting multiple fighter programs (including F-15, F/A-18, T-7A) and other new Proprietary Programs) for the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
The VMS Software Team is seeking a Software Engineer to support the development of and maintenance of flight and subsystem controls software solutions for multiple fighter programs. The successful candidate will work with an existing team of real-time embedded software engineers; guidance, navigation and control (GNC) engineers; and hardware engineers to develop safety critical software on the F-15, F/A-18, T-7A, and other Phantom Works new Platforms, flight controls computers and other proprietary efforts. VMS software integrates flight control laws, aircraft surface command, aircraft sensor signal processing and subsystem control to ensure controlled flight. The software developed will include application layer software and low-level infrastructure software, which will require close collaboration with hardware/firmware vendors. The software engineer will not only take part in software development, but will participate in the full development lifecycle; including requirements development, desktop test, lab test and support of flight test. Desired qualifications include Ada, C/C++, perlPerl, pythonPython, C#, and embedded software experience. Assembly language experience is also a plus.
The team develops products for both United States Navy, United States Air Force (USAF) and international customers.
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Gathers information to support software project management
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics
- Supports software research and development projects
- Troubleshoots basic software issues
- Works under close supervision
Uses analytical problem solving skills to resolve problems for the company and suppliers.
- Uses engineering skills to deliver improved weapon system capabilities to our customers.
- Applies engineering knowledge to continuously improve processes and tools.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to conduct analysis
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Depending on the program, this position may allow for telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Please have your current GPA listed on your resume.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Classroom or work related programming experience with any of the following software development languages: Ada, C, C++, C#, assembly language, Perl, JAVA, and Python
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering discipline by June 2022
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience with control system design and signal processing
- Experience developing embedded real-time software
- Experience working with Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) methodologies
- Experience with Agile software development
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics (e.g. Bachelor) with strong software skills. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for first shift
Referral to this job is eligible for a $1500 bonus.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.