Nondestructive Evaluation Engineer Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
Nondestructive Evaluation Engineer job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming respectful and inclusive with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Here at Boeing we are a team who works together to solve challenges that touch lives everywhere. No matter your role you ll help make life better in our communities further our commitment to sustainability and make innovative advances in aerospace. We innovate to make the world better.
Boeing Research and Technology is Boeings global research and development team. BR&T focuses on creating and implementing innovative technologies that enable the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians skilled scientists and bold innovators. Join us and put your passion determination and skill to work building the future!
Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) is seeking a Nondestructive Evaluation Engineer (Level 2) to join our team in the greater St. Louis area in Berkeley Missouri.
The Midwest Nondestructive Evaluation and Fleet Support (MNFS) team is an engineering team responsible for supporting pre-production current production and post-production aircraft programs. The team provides certification and qualification services across the value stream for NDE and Measurement. The team works on commercial and defense aircraft such as 787 777X Space Launch Systems F-15 F-18 T-7A MQ-25 KC-46 and P-8. The team also conducts research and development for both internal and external customers. This team spans the entire product life cycle from research and development to aircraft production and fleet support.
- Apply nondestructive evaluation (NDE) methods/approaches such as acoustic electromagnetic thermal optical and radiologic principles to meet team goals
- Support efforts to define requirements for tools equipment materials parts and processes used in the engineering design manufacture and maintenance of products and approve their use
- Support the development of specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of tools equipment materials parts and processes
- Maintain compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations
- Supports the development validation and qualification of new tools equipment materials parts and processes to meet requirements
- Supports test and audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements
- Manages multiple concurrent tasks of varying complexities in order to meet project milestones along with maintaining cost technical and schedule requirements
- Applies environmental health and safety LEAN and Quality principles in support of MNFS team projects
This position is considered hybrid. There will be some telecommuting and some onsite work required at the listed location.
Note: 2-3 days will be expected to work onsite
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry
- Ability to travel 10% of time
- 2+ years of experience in engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active/Current U.S. Secret clearance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills ability to work in multidiscipline teams a strong desire to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders knowledge of project management tools and a great team player
- Excellent time management skills in the support of several simultaneously progressing projects effectively and across various geographical locations
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA ABET accreditation is the preferred although not required accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana cocaine opioids amphetamines PCP and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Contingent Upon Program Award
No this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race color religion national origin gender sexual orientation gender identity age physical or mental disability genetic factors military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.